Kissimmee Kitchen

To start your food business, you will need to:
  1. Decide on a business entity. You will be a sole proprietor, a limited liability company, a corporation, ect.
  2. To apply for a Florida state tax ID number.  Click HERE for the direct link.
  3. Register your business name.  The only way to do this is via
  4. Attend and pass the Food Handler(or Manager) Certification Class.
  5. Secure a commercial kitchen to work in.
  6. Apply for your state license.  If you are planning to cater, have a food truck, or sell hot food, you will deal with the DBPR - division of hotels and restaurants.  They have an application which you must print, fill out, and mail to them with the appropriate fee.  If you are baking, or making packaged products, you will deal with the Florida Department of Agriculture.  You can call them and schedule an inspection at Kissimmee Kitchen Share.
  7. Insure your food business.
  8. Obtain a county or city occupational license (if needed). 

(I have more space on this page, so please let me know what you would like to see here.  Thanks)
Website Builder